Thursday, September 4, 2014

Verb to be + subject + ag + VN, where VN corresponds to that in Italian Verbal Noun is nothing more


Dia daoibh to chairde! Today I will describe very briefly how to use the Irish version of "present continuos" English, or ask for example, "What are you doing now?" or answer very simply, "I'm studying." Let's start! Now, to ask "what are you doing?" using this phrase:
Verb to be + subject + ag + VN, where VN corresponds to that in Italian Verbal Noun is nothing more than the gerund of the verb (example: eating -> eating). The VN in the Irish stand in regular and irregular. seashell types The first are formed by adding the suffix - (e) adh to the verb base for those of the first conjugation and - (i) ú to those of the second, while the irregular have their own form or remain the same. Here are some examples seashell types of VN: Regular: bris -> briseadh (break -> breaking) Dun -> dúnadh (close -> closing) seashell types buail -> buaileadh (hit -> hit) Lion -> líonadh ( fill -> fill) Irregular: caill -> cailliúint (lose -> losing) Dean -> déanamh (do -> doing) Teigh -> dul (go -> going) ite -> ithe ( eat -> eating) Leigh -> léamh (read -> reading) OL -> OL (drink -> drink) rith -> rith (run -> running) seashell types scríobh -> scríobh (write - -> writing) then using the structure shown little while ago, we can write: Tá mé ag ol (I'm drinking) Tá mé ag déanamh seashell types to staidéar (I'm studying) Tá mé ag dul amach (I'm going out / I'm going out) Tá mé ag scríobh ( I'm writing) If we want to add some more details in the response, seashell types for example by specifying the direct object of the action (... closing the door, writing a letter, drinking a cup of tea ...) just add it after the VN, however, using the if the genitive:
Verb to be + subject + object + ag + VN (genitive) Tá mé ag Ol cupáin tae (I'm seashell types drinking a cup of tea) Tá mé ag ithe mo loin (I'm eating my lunch) Tá mé ag scríobh an litreach (I'm writing letter) Tá mé ag léamh leabhair (I'm reading a book) Tá mé ag na dúnadh seashell types fuinneoige (I'm closing seashell types the window) Tá mé ag na briseadh Gloine (I'm breaking the glass) I hope I have described the two simplest forms of progressive form of 'Irish in a clear manner. I always recommend always seashell types having at hand a dictionary so as to know the VN verb and the genitive of names. Until next time! Slan go fóill agus bain sult as do tráthnóna!
Popular Posts:
Fixed Readers


No comments:

Post a Comment