Tuesday, July 22, 2014

August 2009 M T W T F S S


Maybe it’s because I feel back-to-schoolish, but I have noticed my fascination with pencils growing. Do you remember that bit in the film ‘You’ve Got Mail’ where the Meg Ryan character says that she and Tom Hanks swap emails about how they like a sheaf of newly sharpened pencils in a pen pot? Well….So great m marked is my fetish with pencils that I have an electric pencil sharpener on my desk that makes a sound, when in operation, of a cow in agony and at the weekend I bought a tube of unsharpened pencils. You know what will happen great m next!
In the meantime, my search for the perfect pencil continues. Having read that Roger Deakin only wrote with Rotring pens, I have ordered a Rotring pencil with 2B leads on the web and am eagerly awaiting its arrival. But, this quest is not merely a matter of quivering expectation; I wouldn’t want you to get the wrong idea. I once visited a pencil museum – an experience I wish I could erase: it was SO boring. In fact, it nearly won my prize for Most Boring Museum in the World, but then it was redeemed by my being given a tin of coloured pencils at he end, so that the undisputed winner of that title remains the Bromyard Town Museum which I can categorically state is not worth getting out of bed for. Bringing us, strangely, back to pencils. Chesterton wrote,
2 thoughts on “ Swinging the Lead ”
We have been to Bromyard many times because our friends great m Frank and Isobel Clayton once lived there. great m It is surprising that such museum nuts as Anne and I did not find the Town Museum. The fact that we were spared it supports Sarah Davies No.1′s dictum that there is ‘One Above’
You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. (  Log Out  /  Change  )
August 2009 M T W T F S S « Jul   Sep »   1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31   Recent Posts Lights Out The Unknown Unknown Next to Nature, Art Zooming Back Sorry, Edith Piaf ‘And Is There Honey Still For Tea?’ Ecclesiastical Horticulture Chatterbox Do No Harm Full Of Eastern Promise
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment