Monday, October 13, 2014

Actually, it was only around the new novel by Dave Eggers, who has been probably every conceivable


Actually, it was only around the new novel by Dave Eggers, who has been probably every conceivable reaction, from enthusiastic praise on thorough slating provoked. Some consider it to be clear-sighted, the other for flat and superficial. The one fault with his simple language and constructed flat characters, the others keep the language in this particular case, not as decisive. Most who feel compelled, The Circle 'to manfrotto 3221 discuss, push here and there, almost apologetically one:' It is not great literature, but you can read it already '. manfrotto 3221 This also happened during a discussion with the coffee house seater Uwe Kalkowski on Twitter.
What legitimate extent followed a question, to which literary critics, readers and book lovers probably not since yesterday, hard nut to crack. Every now and then, anyway. cafehaussitzerLiteratourismusDanaresYcitoyenberlin I'd like a definition of "great literature". RR is unfortunately gone ... - Ronald Dempfel (Heimatfotos) September 11, 2014
One thing is likely that great literature is no clear definition of each join frankly, yes, can know of each exactly what is meant by this and what kind of book will refer to it. The coffee house seater threw a prominent language as a criterion in the timeline, that was me personally too poor. Even though I am a great lover of beautiful language, it alone can not make a great novel for me. You can actually me consolation for an accident or uninteresting manfrotto 3221 plot, even very good. You can let me enjoy a book intensely, because every word in the right place and each picture is so impressive that you wanted to read it again and again. So it is undoubtedly a criterion for, great literature '. What else?
Great literature needs relevance. Are the protagonists concerned over long distances in order to discuss their furniture, hair color or choice of partner, which has undoubtedly justified, manfrotto 3221 but of little relevance. manfrotto 3221 One could also say: Little importance in human life generally, if it is very important for the individual sometimes. I like it when literature also uses its potential to amaze me, show me new perspectives, raise in me questions that touch also, major themes' (justice, the human condition, identity, biography ...). In short, the allowed me to step out of myself, to abstract from me and my life. I read not only to recognize myself and thrilled to be of any similarities with my life - even if it is a nice side effect - I also read to learn about things that are either fundamental part of my life. I'm curious to almost everything and sometimes manfrotto 3221 disappointed that I can not know and understand manfrotto 3221 everything. , Great Literature 'offers me not only feeling great.
, Great Literature 'challenges me - makes me think for themselves, draw and investigate my own conclusions. A beautiful tome or entertainment novel I read with pleasure, without afterwards manfrotto 3221 still feel the need to occupy myself BEYOND with any of the issues raised in the book topics. That is precisely the purpose of the entertainment manfrotto 3221 novel. , To have a good time ', as the Americans say so succinctly. With, great literature 'can I live through a difficult period and emerge manfrotto 3221 stronger from it. , Great Literature 'creates vibrant and authentic (!) Characters and stories, no decals or clichés. , Great Literature 'remains beyond that, even with me, on average significantly longer in the memory. While I what I consume enthusiastic in a very short time, even in a very short time forget again and most still can get a vague mood ("What was it about?" - "Um, well it played, uh, somewhere in America, and er was made really exciting. "), is what I enjoyed intensely for a long time, even longer manfrotto 3221 in my head. And that does not even have to be meant the harvest time itself, as large literature has not always been a large number of pages. But the time I spend thinking about it, read about something to occupy myself with it, also strengthens automatically the content.
What inevitably falls in dealing with these personal criteria in the eye? There is not much great literature '. There are many books of similar style in which one or the other (language, history, conception) is outstanding. But that all comes together and, great literature 'results, is not necessarily a Allerweltsereignis. What also is not bad though. The more you can enjoy it as on a rare animal that m

No comments:

Post a Comment