Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Ok, now for the trend count.


What happens when you put some bloggers into a group and we start talking about craft trends?  Trend Fest 2014 , that’s what happens!  We thought it would be funny to try and throw as many trends as we could into one project and still make it look good.  Today is April Fool’s Day, which is perfectly fitting, since we are totally making fools of ourselves by showing off these projects!
I had a really hard time coming up with something for this!  In the end, I settled on an Easter candy jar to hold my yummy Easter treats.  Now if only these things could last more than 24 hours in my house!  conch shells “Hi, my name is Jessica, and I’m addicted to Cadbury mini eggs.”  Hey, at least it’s only a seasonal problem.
Ok, now for the trend count.  First of all, it’s a mason jar .  If those aren’t trendy right now, I don’t know what is.  I wrapped the lid with baker’s twine , so that’s trend number two.  And just for good measure, the baker’s twine goes from red to, dark pink, to light pink so that it has an ombre effect.
Now for the fun part!  Go check out all of these other super trendy projects from my friends and vote for your favorite conch shells !  conch shells The winner of the Trend Fest will be dubbed “Queen Trendy” for the year.  How exciting!  Haha!
And what’s a contest without prizes for you?!  One lucky voter will win six trendy pencils!!!  One decorated by each of us participating in the Trend Fest. You know, because conch shells the perfect prize for April Fool’s Day is trendy pencils.  Here’s the lovely pencil that that I made for the prize pack.  Yep, it’s dipped in GOLD… gold paint anyway.  Good luck!
April 1, 2014 at 2:30 pm I love that it looks like an Easter egg! Our candy jar is a pumpkin cookie jar my mom got for us. Hmm… maybe I should make something more seasonally appropriate. And now I want some chocolate!!!
Lauren Lanker says:
Ooooo! Your gold dipped pencil is so chic, Jessica! And I absolutely love the ombre baker’s twine detail…and the fact that you have that many different options of baker’s twine to make such a feat possible! Tee hee. Also, I’m now craving cadbury mini eggs, thanks to you. So glad we did this!
Comment
Browse by Category Select Category 12 Days of Christmas Baby Calendars Canvas Christmas Clothing Disney Easter Embroidery Evan’s Room Fall Family History Father’s conch shells Day Featured Felt Food Free Patterns Furniture Makeovers Garden Gifts Giveaway Glass Etching Halloween Home Decor Jewelry Kiddie Crafts Kids Kitchen conch shells Crafts Lifestyle Studios Link Party Mother’s Day Paint Party Preschool Princesses Printables Puppets Quiet Book Quilts Rainbows conch shells Relief Society Sewing Shop Items Signs Silhouette Silhouette Challenge Sponsored conch shells St. Patrick’s Day Superheroes sytyc Thanksgiving Top Posts Uncategorized Upcycle Valentine’s Day Vinyl


No comments:

Post a Comment